Contact882 E Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1M4, Canada
At Tradeworks, we have been investing in human capital since 1994. We work with inner city women and at-risk youth with multiple barriers to employment. We provide training in life and employment skills, and hands-on work experience in the of trade carpentry. After finishing our program, our graduates are ready for steady gainful employment.
Our Social Enterprises
Tradeworks Women’s Workshop
Employs our women trainees and graduates and makes triple-bottom-line wood products such as customized corporate gifts, awards and display items, Christmas ornaments, and decorative wood signs.
Current customers include – Lululemon Athletica, Concert Properties, Polygon Homes, Saul Good Gift Co., Forestry Innovation Investment, APEGBC, Arts Club, and many others.
Tradeworks Rona Fabshop
Employs our youth trainees and graduates and makes triple-bottom-line wood products ranging from landscaping items such as outdoor furniture, planters and garden sheds.
Current customers include – BC Housing, BC Hydro, Rona Canada, City of Vancouver, YWCA, Nijjar Greenhouses, PWL Partnership and many others
For sales enquiries, please contact: Maninder Dhaliwal (Executive Director): 604-253-9355 ext. 2.
Social Enterprise Features
- High quality products. We have four skilled and highly experienced carpenters and carpentry instructors on staff, including a Red Seal Certified carpenter
- Competitively priced, well designed and constructed, cost effective products
- No job too big. We have a fully equipped 9,000 square feet carpentry shop
- Reliable, timely production and delivery
- Excellent customer service. A+ rating by Better Business Bureau
- Use of sustainable wood such as reclaimed wood, BC Pine Beetle and FSC certified wood
Our Social Impact Training Programs
Women’s Training Program
Ten week introduction to trades program for women with multiple barriers to employment entry. Program funding courtesy of ITA BC.
Next cohort start date is December 2013.
For info, please contact – Arleen Dauncey (Program Coordinator): 604-253-9366
Fabshop Youth Training Program
Twenty week carpentry and life skills program for youth (under 30 years old) with multiple barriers to employment entry. Program funding courtesy of Service Canada Skills Link.
Next cohort start date (subject to change) is December 2013.
For joining the wait-list for the next cohort, please fax your resume to 604-251-8984